I’ve experimented with another oat recipe, this time its not vegan as it contains an egg, but is dairy free. Makes 18 cookies and worked well, its an adapted recipe from BBC Good Food and I’m going to try cutting out the sugar for maple syrup in my next batch.
Want to try, here’s my recipe:
150ml sunflower oil
200g dark muscovado sugar
1 large free range egg
1 teaspoon madagascan vanilla extract
140g spelt flour
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
300g porridge oats
- Pre heat oven to 160′.
- Place sultanas in a bowl with 50ml boiling water, soak for 30 mins.
- While the sultanas are marinating, place the oil and sugar in a bowl and whisk well, add in the egg and continue to whisk. Drain the sultanas and add in the liquid to the mix, also add in the vanilla and continue to beat.
- Sift in the flour & bicarb into the wet mixture, beat and finally add in the oats and sultanas. Mix well.
- Line 2 large baking sheets. I used an ice-cream scoop to make even size cookies, our scoop is not large I think its a table spoon size. This mix made 18 even size cookies.
- Bake for 20 mins or until golden. Take out of the oven and leave for 5 mins to cool on the tray and then transfer onto cooling rack.
- Keep in an airtight tin and they should last for 3 days.
The cookies also work well as breakfast munchies, if your running late.
Do let me know if you try the recipe, or if you have a great vegan cookie recipe.